Subject: FOIA Request
From: John Butcher <[redacted]@verizon.net>
Date: 04/21/2016 01:31 PM
To: “Pyle, Charles (DOE)” Charles.Pyle@doe.virginia.gov
I am a Citizen of the Commonwealth and a resident of the City of Richmond at the address set out below. Under the authority of the Virginia Freedom of Information Act, I request an opportunity to inspect and copy the following public records, as that term is deﬁned at Va. Code § 2.2-3701, that are prepared, owned, or in the possession of the Department of Education:
• All reading and math assessment scores for teachers in Richmond Public Schools, by teacher and by school, for school years 2000 through 2015, whether derived from student growth percentiles or other data.
• Records setting forth the method or methods for calculating those assessment scores for each year.
If any record responsive to this request exists in electronic form, I request that you provide it by posting it to the Department’s web site or EMailing it to me at the return address above.
In the event the Department elects to withhold any public record responsive to this request, for each such record please:
• Identify the record withheld by date, author, title, and summary or purpose of the record;
• Identify all persons outside your Department to whom the record has been shown or to whom copies have been furnished; and
• State speciﬁcally the statutory exemption under which the Department elects to withhold the record.
If you elect to charge me part or all of the actual cost incurred in accessing, duplicating, supplying, or searching for the requested records, please estimate the total charges beforehand. If those total charges exceed $100, please notify me before you incur the costs.
Please contact me by telephone at the number below or by email at the address above if I can answer any question about this request.
I look forward to hearing from you as promptly as possible and in any event within the ﬁve work days provided by the Act.
Richmond, Virginia 23225